Capitol Theatre Rules
A trip to the theater is always a special occasion. Here are some helpful tips to help you make the most of your event.
- Dress for the occasion! Some people like to dress up and make a night of it while others come in jeans. Casual business attire is always a great option.
- Please silence cell phones, pagers, alarms, and other electronic devices as soon as you enter the performance area. There is nothing worse than a cell phone going off in the middle of a performance, and it’s even worse if it’s your own phone.
- No singing or loud talking during musicals, plays, symphony, opera, and dance performances. Please do not sing along and keep conversation to a minimum or whisper if you need to talk to your neighbor. At concerts and comedy shows, these same guidelines may not apply; if you don’t know, please speak to an usher.
- Water is allowed inside the theater and is available for purchase at the concession stands. Only food purchased at our concessions stands is allowed in the performance area. Please be considerate when unwrapping and enjoying your snacks.
- No photography, unless otherwise noted, photos and selfies are encouraged before the show, at intermission, and at the end of the show. Once the show starts, photography and/or filming are not allowed.
- Please arrive on time, of course, it’s always best to be early to your performance, but sometimes things happen. If you are late, you’ll have to wait until one of the ushers are able to seat you. Each show determines its own late seating policy and our ushers will follow the show’s instructions. Be sure to use our parking guides to help plan your trip to the theater.
- Most of our performances are appropriate for children age 8 and up. Before buying tickets, please call us or check out the show’s synopsis on our website to ensure the content is appropriate for children and if there are any age restrictions or recommendations. For ticketed performances, each guest needs a ticket and there are no babes-in-arms. Children should never be left unattended at any of our venues.
- We have seat cushions available on a first-come-first-served basis. The cushions are primarily for children and petite adults. Cushions are distributed at the theater’s coat check stand, next to the concessions.
- Performances may have sound, light, and stage effects that could be startling or in some cases dangerous to some patrons. These effects are typically announced at the beginning performance but may not always be in the description when you buy your tickets. If you or anyone attending the show with you is sensitive to certain effects or sounds please call for further details.
- Safety and security is of the highest priority. In the case of an emergency, the show will be stopped and instructions announced from the stage. The ushers are trained to evacuate the theaters quickly and safely, please follow their directions.
- No bags or backpacks larger than 12 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches are allowed into the performance area, please use the check-in areas or lockers for bags that are over the size limit, situated at the coat check stand. There are exceptions for medical equipment or diaper bags.
For ticket information and policies please read the Capitol Theatre Tickets page.